Joe’s Sporting Goods
Retail Sales Associate – Alpine/Nordic/Snowboard Department
Share your passion for the outdoors while generating sales, providing great customer service and building a loyal customer base. Experience as a skier or snowboarder is preferred as you are expected to assist customers by providing technical details and offer suggestions on new products. A good work ethic, confidence, self motivation and a service-oriented attitude are some of the requirements to be a sales associate at Joe’s!
- Interacting with customers, both in person and on the phone.
- Providing the utmost customer service, advice, and fitting of Downhill Ski, Snowboard, and Nordic Ski gear
- Ability to multi-task with paying close attention to detail
- Completing assigned tasks for opening or closing the department.
- Merchandising and replenishing stock, cleaning, and refilling supplies as needed.
- Communicate customer requests and feedback with the buyer.
- Passion in Skiing, Snowboarding, Nordic Skiing and the outdoors
- Interest in Watersports, Camping, Paddle Sports and Footwear
- Background in properly fitting boots/orthotics
- Possesses good written, verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets/goals.
- Have good organizational skills and an understanding of basic merchandising.
- 2 nights/week 2 weekends/month September – March
- Possibility of spring/summer employment
- Weekend and Holiday availability
- Experienced winter enthusiast
- High school, college preferred. Retirees are encouraged to apply.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current snow sports products and fitting techniques
- Merchandising and sales background preferred.
- Training will be provided