THE SKI CHALLENGE began in 1985 as a Twin Cities Metro Area recreational ski racing program allowing adults to ski on teams in a series of races. Approximately 35 participants raced in the first year of the program, today close to 1,200 racers of all ages participate per week. Ski Challenge courses are set for the GS racer. No need for shin guards or face guards. Most racers participate on recreational “cheater” GS skis. Some racers use full blown GS skis. And, some of the females use Jr GS Race skis.
The Ski Challenge has evolved into the finest and largest team oriented recreational ski racing experience anywhere!
What do you get from your Ski Challenge Experience?
- A well run Race that is user friendly for all race abilities
- 30+ Years experience of a tried and true Team Based Racing Program
- Leagues that allow kids under 18
- Quick Results
- Awards ceremony after each race
- Fastest of the week
- Most Improved of the week
- Fastest of the season for each team and overall League
- Most Improved of the season for each team and overall League
- Door Prizes at each event
- A stretch bib you get to keep
- A T-shirt
- Scores posted the next day on our Website
- Discounts at Sponsor Shops
The Ski Challenge provides an excellent racing experience for all levels of racers. All ages from four years on up are welcome to participate. Our recreational races are well organized and user friendly. We provide an environment and atmosphere which caters to all levels of skill and competitiveness. The unique team format and scoring promote great camaraderie and interaction among racers. Ski Challenge is SERIOUS FUN!