Did you know that Ski Challenge started in 1985 with around 35 people? It has grown to close to 1,000 racers. This year we will have 11 different regular season leagues to choose from for the regular season as well as two open races in December, and five open races in January and February. Some of our leagues will offer extra runs each week depending on number of registered racers.
All Wild Mountain leagues welcome all ages.
Buck Hill weekday/night leagues allow 13 years old and up. Buck Hill Sunday leagues at Buck Hill allow all ages.
This year, thanks to Chuck Reid, Ski Challenge will be implementing a new results program at the hill. This program will make computing and printing results much faster and more efficient. The program will also make reports easier to read for our Emcees.
The Race Camp at Jackson Hole is back this year. It is slated for December 8, 9, and 10. Championships at Giants Ridge are set for March 3, 4, and 5, 2023.
We are looking forward to a great season and can’t wait to see everyone!
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE 2022 SKI CHALLENGE SEASON
- 106 – Total Teams
- 99 – Total Events
- 938 – Registered Racers
- 47 – The average age of participants
- The highest concentration is in the 50-59 age group & 60-69 age groups (24% each)
- 23% – Female
- 77% – Male
- 5,011 – Total Racer Starts
- 3,750 – Buck Hill Racer Starts
- 1,261 – Wild Mountain Racer Starts
- 489 – Participants at Giants Ridge
- 59% – of participants surveyed who purchased season passes
- 60% – of participants surveyed took at least one ski trip outside of Minnesota regional area